Thread: RVOSD g6 AHI spinning

Default RVOSD g6 AHI spinning

Hi everyone!

A few days ago I had a problem that almost cost me my plane. I was flying as I usually do, RVOSD working as expected. But during the return 3km out, I changed from FBW to RTH at some point, and AHI just went nuts. Autopilot tried to follow it and made the plane spin into a circle of death. I managed to deactivate RTH, stabilize and get it back manually. All this time AHI was going crazy.
    Here is the video showing the osd after landing. Unfortunately I have no osd recording when AHI went crazy, DVR decided to stop recording mid flight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQq3bq4P03g
    Note the wrong altitude on ground (setting used is baro + GPS MSL), and strange symbols (at the center and a X moving around).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF-UxABCZXc
    This one shows reset. Everything works fine now, except for internal temp. After reset it's 23C. Before reset it was 15 which sounds more reasonable as it was 7 outside. Could this be related somehow? Baro problem?

One day before this I had another issue. Servos were laggy and glitching. Definitely not flyable. Also ahi was sometimes locked up after a reset, it would not move (I always give it over 30s on flat surface to calibrate). For control I use rangelink which works perfectly on other planes, never had an issue. Because of this I did not fly that day

If someone could give an opinion here I would be thankful. In this unreliable condition I don't want to fly...

And Merry Christmas

bump

anyone? Alex?

It could be the gyro or baro chip not working properly, moist, salts or rust affecting the board.

That doesn't sound very good. Any recommendations on what to do about it?
    Thanks for the reply

also I should mention, board looks perfectly fine, no salts or rust visible. Never seen any water and the board is in the canopy protected. Moist... it was a cloudy day if that matters, no mist. Never done any cloud surfing as well.
    Should I send it to you guys for chip checks?

Try reflashing the OSD.